Put Your Expertise to Work
As the SWG is a charitable organization, volunteers are essential to our structure. We rely on volunteers with a wide variety of skills to help us in our programming and operations. Our volunteers make a difference in the lives of Saskatchewan writers through their generous contributions of time, skills, and commitment. The SWG is always looking for volunteers to assist our writers, our community, and our organization.
What can you expect?
By being a part of the SWG, volunteers will find many rewarding experiences, including the chance to meet new and inspiring people, develop fresh ideas, and utilize current skills or learn new ones. Most of all, volunteers become an important part of our dynamic team.
Since our programs, services, and other activities take place year round, we offer a variety of short and long-term volunteer opportunities. Volunteer for an hour or two, for successive hours over the course of several weeks, an evening or an afternoon, and anything in between.
Where are volunteers needed?
- Talking Fresh Festival (Regina)
- Writing North Festival (Saskatoon)
- Words in the Park (Regina)
- Readings on the River (Saskatoon)
- Fall Conference & AGM
- Readings, Launches
- SWG Office (Regina)
- and more...
- Build skills for a résumé
- Enjoy social networking and meeting new people
- Make industry connections
- Learn new skills and insights (public speaking, organizing, financial, event planning, administration tasks)
- Regular volunteers given first choice at upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Be part of the VIP pre- or post-event group and have one-on-one time with authors
- Get to know more about the SWG, programs, services, board members, staff, etc.
- Benefits of volunteers to the SWG
- Shows the strength of the organization
- Shows our funders we are a robust community
- Enhances the SWG's reputation
- Boost morale of staff and members
- Help provide the SWG with tools and resources to enhance community engagement programs
Board of Directors
- Board Standing and Ad Hoc Committees
- Hosts (events, workshops, readings, festivals)
- MC’s at events
- Panel moderators
- Chauffeur (authors, etc.)
- Deliver equipment and materials
- Hang posters at venues and PR outlets
- Set-up and tear down
- Work registration desk, book table, and information booth at events
- Library shelving and organizing
- Database entry
- Stuffing envelopes and event kits (conference, festivals, publications, etc.)
- Technology - IT
- Sit on short- or long-term program committees (Conference, fundraising, membership, etc.)
- Participate in forums
For more information, please contact:
T: 306.791.7740| E: firstname.lastname@example.org