The Judy McCrosky Bursary provides one recipient with program fees for one week of the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild’s Winter Writers Retreat at St. Peter’s Abbey. The scholarship is intended for an emerging Saskatchewan writer.
Your application to this scholarship must be received at the same time as your application to attend the winter retreat.
The Judy McCrosky Bursary provides one recipient with program fees for one week of the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild’s Winter Writers Retreat.
Eligible recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Are a developing writer, defined as being in the early stages of their writing and has not yet published a book or equivalent
- Are a resident of Saskatchewan and have been for one year prior to the beginning of the retreat
The successful scholarship recipient must be accepted to the Winter Retreat. Previous recipients of the Scholarship, members of the selection committee, current employees or Board of the SWG are not eligible to be considered for this award.
Applicants will submit a 1-2 page letter, outlining their response to the following criteria:
- Writing experience, including:
- How long you have been writing
- Any professional development you have undertaken to date (which could include workshops, classes or degrees, immersive experiences like Sage Hill or Banff Centre, writing group membership, working with a mentor, editor or Writer-in-Residence, attending literary learning opportunities, etc.)
- Any publications, including the publications’ name and genre.
- Please explain why attending the Retreat will benefit you as an emerging writer.