The Judy McCrosky Bursary provides one recipient with program fees for one week of the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild’s Winter and Summer Writer Retreats at St. Peter’s Abbey. The scholarship is intended for an emerging Saskatchewan writer.
Your application to this scholarship must be received at the same time as your application to attend the winter or summer retreat.
The Judy McCrosky Bursary provides one recipient with program fees for one week of the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild’s Winter and Summer Writer Retreats.
Eligible recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Are an emerging writer, defined as being in the early stages of their writing and has not yet published a book or equivalent
- Are a resident of Saskatchewan and have been for one year prior to the beginning of the retreat
The successful scholarship recipient must be accepted to the Winter and/or Summer Retreat. Previous recipients of the Scholarship, members of the selection committee, current employees or Board of the SWG are not eligible to be considered for this award.
Applicants will submit a 1-2 page letter, outlining their response to the following criteria:
- Writing experience, including:
- How long you have been writing
- Any professional development you have undertaken to date (which could include workshops, classes or degrees, immersive experiences like Sage Hill or Banff Centre, writing group membership, working with a mentor, editor or Writer-in-Residence, attending literary learning opportunities, etc.)
- Any publications, including the publications’ name and genre.
- Please explain why attending the Retreat will benefit you as an emerging writer.
Please submit this letter of application at the same time you are applying to the retreat.