How can I participate in this year’s conference?
Our 2021 conference includes both in-person and online events; you can attend both or choose the option best for you.
Online events include:
- Small Talks (Oct 18-22)
- Heath Memorial Lecture by Billy-Ray Belcourt (Oct 20)
In-Person events include:
- John V Hicks Manuscript Awards in Poetry (Oct 22)
- All October 23 events:
- Interactive workshops with Leah Horlick and Sharon Butala
- Lunch and event with Guy Vanderhaeghe and Arthur Slade
- Launch of apart
Our AGM will be offered both in-person AND online via Zoom - please check which option works for you when you register.
Can I access any of the online offerings after the conference?
If you have purchased a pass for our Small Talks, these events will be recorded and available for 30 days for non-SWG members and 90 days for SWG members. Billy-Ray Belcourt’s lecture will be recorded and publicly available for 30 days on the SWG’s YouTube channel. Registered participants will receive a link after the live lecture.
Do I have to be a SWG member to attend the conference?
Our conference is open to anyone interested in attending, although our members enjoy a discounted rate.
Where can I buy books written by your presenters?
Please check out our virtual book table (link) for the latest books by our presenters. You can purchase these books directly from their publishers or from McNally Robinson; SWG members enjoy a 10% discount!
The SWG will also be operating a book table on Saturday October 23, where you can browse and purchase books written by our presenters or members.
What are your COVID-19 protocols for in-person conference events?
All attendees must abide by the following protocols at our in-person events:
- Please register – conference attendance will be limited to 50 people to ensure we’re at 50% capacity
- Wear a mask unless eating or drinking
- Please social distance and refrain from mingling in the bar area during our receptions (please visit at your tables)
- Show proof of double vaccination or negative COVID test results (within 72 hours) upon entry – this will be checked visually by staff at the door. No private information will be recorded or stored.
We will follow provincial guidelines for acceptable proof of vaccination.
If I would like to stay at the Saskatoon Delta Downtown Hotel, how do I book a hotel room?
Hotel rooms are available for conference guests to book directly with the Saskatoon Delta Downtown Hotel at our conference rate of $144/night (+tax). This special rate is available until September 30, 2021; rooms may be available after this date but availability and this rate cannot be guaranteed.
Please contact the Saskatoon Delta at 306-665-3322 to book your room.