Advice on Your Writing From an Experienced Author
The Virtual Writer-in-Residence (VWiR) program provides opportunities for Saskatchewan writers at all levels of development and genres to receive guidance and advice on a specific writing project from an established Saskatchewan writer. The program gives SWG members who live outside of Regina and Saskatoon access to the services of a VWiR. The VWiR will meet one-on-one with SWG members through a one-hour video call to talk about the individual’s submitted writing project and questions they have about writing.
Members may submit proposals, manuscripts or writing samples up to 15 pages in any genre for consultation. Work must be submitted by email in Word format at least one week in advance of any meeting with the VWiR. The VWiR will read your manuscript and be prepared to discuss your work and answer your questions during your consultation.
Members can access this free service a maximum of one session per month, up to three sessions per residency period.
Our Virtual Writer-in-Residence (VWIR) program is currently closed. Stay tuned for more information about our Fall (Sept-Nov) 2021 VWIR.
Who can access this service?
You are eligible for this program if you are:
- a current SWG member; and
- living outside of Regina or Saskatoon.
This service is open to all members of the SWG in good standing who do not have access to any other Writer-in-Residence programs. Writers of any genre and level of ability are welcome to access the VWiR. Members who live in Regina or Saskatoon should refer to the Writer-in-Residence programs at their regional library for similar services.
The VWiR will work with a maximum of 12 writers per month, on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for this VWiR service, please email email@example.com.
How to access this service?
- Arrange an online consultation with Virtual Writer-in-Residence. In your email, please include:
- a declaration that you are a current SWG member and where you live;
- preferred times or dates to meet; and
- a brief summary (two - three sentences) of what you would like to discuss with the VWiR.
- The VWiR will respond to your email and arrange a one-hour meeting. Please submit your manuscript/work (a maximum of 15 pages) by email in Word format to the VWiR at least one week before your meeting.
- You will receive an emailed invitation link from the VWiR for your Zoom meeting. Click on the link to join the call.
- This service uses Zoom. For more information how to use this platform, please see www.zoom.us.
A note about rural internet services:
If you live in an area of Saskatchewan with poor internet service or quality, please discuss other meeting options, like a phone call, when you make your appointment with the VWiR.
For more information, please contact:
T: 306.791.7743 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org