Submissions are now accepted for Windscript Volume 37, the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild’s magazine of high school writing. This magazine publishes poetry and short prose (fiction and creative non-fiction).
Writers selected for publication will receive payment at the standard SWG rates, as well as 2 complimentary copies of Windscript.
Those submitting must be:
- Saskatchewan residents who may or may not be members of the SWG
- Saskatchewan-based high school students. Students can submit creative writing in any and all forms including poetry and prose (fiction and creative non-fiction).
Always keep a copy of your submitted work. Submissions will not be returned.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with Windscript Submission in the subject line:
- A cover letter that includes:
- Your name, phone number, mailing address, and email
- The genre of writing you are submitting (fiction, poetry, non-fiction)
- The title(s) of your poems or stories
- The name, address, and phone number of your school and your teacher’s name and email address
- If under 18, the name, email, phone number of your parent/guardian
- A 50-word biography written in the third person that will appear in the magazine should your submission(s) be published.
- Your submission(s), which meet these guidelines:
- All work must be original from start to finish. Writers submitting plagiarized work will be banned from Windscript.
- Writers must submit their own work directly – submissions cannot be made by a third party (such as a parent or teacher).
- You must proofread your manuscript before submission
- You may submit up to six poems and two prose pieces (which do not exceed 1500 words each)
- Each submission properly formatted:
- Do not put more than one poem or prose piece on a page.
- Type each piece in 12 pt. plain text font (such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Courier), and double spaced.
- Number each page.
- Put the title on each submission and each page of the manuscript.
- Your file names must be as follows: magazine_title_genre (example: Windscript_PoemOne_Poetry)
- Submit documents in .doc or .docx formats. Please do not submit PDFs or links to your work.
Please note: if your piece(s) are selected, they will go through an editing process with the Windscript editor(s) before the final publication.
If email is unavailable, mail to:
PO Box 3986
Regina, SK, S4P 3R9
The deadline for submissions is Friday, January 15, 2021, at midnight.