Search our directory to find a Saskatchewan author or
professional writing service.
gillian harding-russell is poet, editor, and reviewer. She has four poetry books published, the most recent,In Another Air (Radiant 2018), which was shortlisted for a City of Regina Saskatchewan Book Award, and five chapbooks, the most recent Fox Love (Alfred Gustav Press, 2016). Her work has been shortlisted three times for Exile’s Gwendolyn MacEwen chapbook award, and in 2016, the sequence “Making Sense” was chosen as “Best suite” by a poet at any time in her career. Her work has also been anthologized in seventeen collections and published in journals across Canada. Her fifth poetry collection, Uninterruped (Ekastasis Editions) will be coming out early in 2021.
She received her Ph.D from the University of Saskatchewan. Her doctorate dissertation, on postmodern Canadian poetry entitled Open Forms of Mythopoeia in post-modern Canadian poetry focusing on the poetry of Gwendolyn MacEwan and Michael Ondaatje. gillian harding-russell has taught at the Universities of Saskatchewan and Regina and through University Extension and the Sociology department. Between 1988 and 2005, she was poetry editor for Event, and remains poetry editor for the Event Reading Service. At present, she edits manuscripts privately and reviews books on a freelance basis.
Publications: Published trade books (single author)
1. Uninterrupted (Ekstasis Editions, 2021) forthcoming!
2. In Another Air (Radiant Press, 2018)
3. I forgot to tell you (Thistledown Press, 2007)
4. Vertigo (River Books, 2004)
5. Candles in My Head ,(Ekstasis Editions, 2001).
1. Megrim ( The Alfred Gustav Press, 2021) forthcoming
2. Fox Love (The Alfred Gustav Press, 2016)
3. Where the days and nights are equal length (M.C. International, 2014)
4. Maya: poems for the summer solstice (Leaf Press, 2012)
5. Stories of Snow (The Alfred Gustav Press, 2011).
6. Apples and Mice (Alfred Gustav Press, 2008.)
Poems in anthologies since 2012 (in chronological order)
1. Poet to Poet , ed. Julia Roorda and Elana Wolff (Guernica, 2012). ISBN 978-1-5507-645-0.
2. Fathers and Grandfathers, ed. Donna Goodrich (Hiddenbrook, 2013).ISBN 978-1-927725-07-8. 3.
3. The Inspired Heart vol.2, ed. Bruce Kauffman. (M.C International, 2013). ISBN 9781494344627.
4. The Inspired Heart vol. 3, ed. Melinda Cochrane. M.C. International.2014). ISBN 9780993676949.
5. Family Ties: Memories, Poems and Good Food , ed. Kim Grove (Hiddenbrook, 2014)..IBSN 978-1-927725-17-7.
6. I Found It At the Movies , ed. Ruth Roach Pierson (Guernica, 2014). ISBN 978-1-55071-897-3.
7. Line Dance , ed. Gerry Hill (Burton House, 2016). ISBN 97809948666912
8. Fire and Sky: A Canadian Anthology of Poems , ed. Jocelyn Verret (Brydge Builder Press, 2016).
9. Heartwood: For the Love of Trees, ed. Lesley Strutt (www.inourwords.ca., 2018).
10. Sweet Water:Poems for the Watersheds, ed. Yvonne Blomer (Caitlin Press, 2020) ISBN -13 978-773860220)
11. Resilience: a poetic response to sexual assault ed. Sue Goyette (upcoming).
Radiant Press, 2018
Thistledown Press, 2007
River Books, 2004
Ekstasis Editions, 2001